Wednesday 10 June 2009

Moan, moan, moan


I'm usually quite a happy little soul of a sunny disposition, but sometimes things keep going wrong. I know it's usually in 3's but this has now been going on since the beginning of May. Firstly I had some bad news on the biological front, then a birthday that didn't quite pan out (who knew that Arundel Castle was shut on a Monday), friends that are probably not really friends anymore, blah blah blah, it's all so boring and yes, I am playing the world's smallest violin for myself! There is very little that is majorly wrong at this point in time but it's all the small stuff that's getting me down.


Anyway, the next thing that's happened is that I bid and won at a charity auction a wine tasting for up to 15 people. Friends had been invited and hotels booked, and I received an email Monday out of the blue to say that the company had gone into administration so it won't be happening. I had paid the money directly to the Charity so the company itself has no responsibility to me. They have been lovely and said they will pay me back the money but how bad is that! How bad do I feel?! The most annoying thing is that the wine is absolutely gorgeous and I would have bottle or 3.


On the up side, my strawberries are looking scrumptious! And I ate the only ripe one AND it's 100% organic. Not that I go in for all that, but it's nice to know where it's come from and what's happened to it. Knowing my luck, Charlie cat probably had a wee on it!! And I didn't wash it! Aaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!


Also, some of my silversmithing work is going to be displayed at The Highbury College Art & Design Show on June 25th. This event is showcasing work from art & jewellery students. There's going to be a private showing where my guests can peruse the work at their leisure, ooooh, how posh.

1 comment:

  1. That's very exciting about your work! Good luck with the show and chin-up!

    Looks like - with the strawberries and the jewellery - that's all you need in life! :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete