Thursday 17 June 2010

Grumpy Face

It's been a funny old day in the office. E came in with a face like thunder, which is really unlike her. 'What's wrong?' I asked.......Do you sometimes wish you had never asked?!!!
The last time I asked that question we ended up booking a holiday in Madrid to cheer her up. Unfortunately, we are all out of Bank Holidays this year (which is the only time we can go away together) as I am away with G on the August one. We have had to make do with any wheat free treat we could find....'have a bit of my Kitkat', 'no, it's got wheat in'.....

We took our trip to Madrid in May and had a fab time. The only downside was the constant threat of pick pockets. On the Metro on the way in a girl tried but I noticed her, and then again on the next day actually on the Metro train a young spanish guy in a group tried it on but I felt the zip go. No need for any alarms, just use rent-a-gob here! 'Pickpocket, pickpocket, he tried to pick my pocket!!!!' Amazingly they scarpered. We went onto the Sunday market and noticed that all the ladies held their bags close to their bodies and also the zip itself.


But the architecture in Madrid is superb and we also saw flamenco. Lots of laughs were had.

Looking forward to my extra day of glass fusing on saturday too. I am half way through a 5 week course but I couldn't resist a full day solidly making jewellery. I love the other ladies in my class but I seem to spend most of the time showing them how I made things and helping them so I don't get as much done as I'd like to. Results coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment