Wednesday 22 July 2009

I do like to be beside the seaside!

I'm just back to work after a weeks break with my neices. Oh my goodness, I'm absolutely shattered and need another week off to recover! Not having any kiddies I never realised exactly how hard work it is, and I take my hat off to all the mums out there especially if they're working as well. It's really made me appreciate what a special job they do. It's just so full on!

My two neices, T 10 & K 7 live in Exeter and their school breaks up early for the holidays so that's why they were with me, and of course they wanted to visit their auntie who lives at the seaside.

There weren't many ground rules except they couldn't come and wake me up before 8.30am. I am so glad I said that as they both wake up as bright as buttons and it's non stop til the time they go to bed. I must admit to being quite strict, but that's how I was brought up so I hope they had a lovely time.
We managed to get to the beach even though the weather wasn't brilliant. We also went to the small Natural History Museum with its butterfly house, along with the park, and the tea rooms attached to the 9 hole pitch and putt. They serve the yummiest cakes, which are absolutely massive!G took the day off and took us to Monkey World. It's not a zoo but a rescue centre where apes and monkeys from around the world get sent when they are rescued from illegal homes. We saw so many beautiful monkeys & orangutans which was amazing. But my favourite had to be seeing the Lemurs. Just soooooo cute and we were all singing 'I like to move it, move it' from Madagascar. The keeper must be really fed up with that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment