Friday 29 May 2009

Jewellery Display


Here is my hand made jewellery organiser. It sits on a chest of drawers in my bedroom and you can see it's nearly full up! Every so often I have a little sort out and cut them up and recycle the ear wires and beads to make brand new creations. I bought this unit on Ebay (one of my favourite places) as my bits and bobs ended up everywhere and I'm not exactly the tidiest of people as it is.

Looking at the organiser I can only see one pair that I didn't make, can you guess which pair that is? Bet you're wrong, haha! I use glass, semi precious stones, pearls, swarovski crystals but never plastic. There's just something nasty about plastic, maybe it's my 'inner snob' fighting its way out. There's no weight to it, hmmm, I'm not explaining this very well am I?!

Anyway, all of these earrings are very easy to make and the nice thing is that once you've got the basic skills you can easily create some new earrings or necklace to match the outfit you're wearing. AND no-one will have anything the same as you, it'll be totally unique!

I don't sell my jewellery but I do make for friends and family, and I donate completed sets to my favourite charity, Make a Wish and they are used as prizes at their charity Balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment