Tuesday 11 August 2009

Catch up

Oh dear, I haven't been here in a little while have I!

I've been a busy bee running around with G & E, making more jewellery and of course, trying to run a business.

E & I went on a stained glass 1 day course a little while ago. It was in Midhurst, run by a company called Artworks. Nancy who runs the company, and this course, is absolutely lovely and extremely patient.

She showed us how to cut glass in straight lines and curves and then encouraged us to design our own piece to make. But the first thing she told us was that we would cut our hands, and boy was she right! At the end I had 3 plasters over cuts and a burn from the soldering iron. It was good fun and despite my cackhand-ness I came away with a lovely piece which sits in my front window. I'm not sure if I'd want to do it as a full time hobby but it's nice to have had a go!

I got back from there shattered only to have missed loads of calls from G who couldn't find his car keys. That's what you get for putting them in the bottomless pit that is my handbag!

Last week we went to a friends BBQ where G & E got both got a little drunk & on Sunday we were on the road to Wembley for the community shield (that's football for those not in the know). I like the new staduim but it was so hot and the shape means there's no air circulating. So I hope you've been checking out my jewellery on http://www.poppyfieldsdesign.etsy.com/ 10% off for all blog friends

No comments:

Post a Comment